We will only collect and use your Personal Data where we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations and we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), we, Author Hanleigh Bradley are the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data we collect via our website www.hanleighbradley.com ("the site")
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
When you sign up to our newsletter to receive content including release dates, giveaways, offers and other information.
When you complete the Contact form.
When you subscribe to the site to access fan only pages or to add a comment to the site.
When you purchase an eBook through our PayHip Store.
When you purchase a Signed Paperback through our PayHip Store.
Type of Personal Data Collected
Any Personal Data which you provide to us in the free text box in the form
Download IP Address
We automatically collect certain information when you visit the site – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
- Process and manage your use of the site;
- Respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- Where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences or may be of interest to you;
- Improve our services and site through analysis of information.
3. Sharing your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email at email@example.com or via our postal address:
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of Purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis, which allows us to do so.
9. Links to other websites
Author Hanleigh Bradley
Email for Privacy Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unit 12507, PO Box 7169,